Thursday, November 06, 2008

Change you can believe in; Obama campaign workers unpaid.

I am not sure if this means anything, but I am documenting it just in case it becomes part of a trend or pattern.
Indianapolis - Lines were long and tempers flared Wednesday not to vote but to get paid for canvassing for Barack Obama. Several hundred people are still waiting to get their pay for last-minute campaigning. Police were called to the Obama campaign office on North Meridian Street downtown to control the crowd.

The line was long and the crowd was angry at times.

"I want my money today! It's my money. I want it right now!" yelled one former campaign worker...
. . . . .

The large gathering of around 375 people prompted police to call in extra officers and set up temporary barricades. The barricades helped keep the crowd from spilling out onto Meridian Street. Police say the several hundred people in line were for the most part orderly...

"Talking about they'll mail it to us. I ain't worried about that, man. They're not going to mail nothin'," said Martin.

I wonder what it will be like waiting in line to see a Doctor once Obama goes Canada on our health care system.

Labels:

  • People's Pottage - permalink
  • Economics in One Lesson - permalink
  • Why Johnny Can't Read- permalink
  • Locations of visitors to this page