Sunday, June 19, 2005

Rathergate anniversary - 81 days and counting - another blogiversary

Yesterday was the two year anniversary of Black Five's blog. While that blog preceded Rathergate, it experienced a notable upswing in traffic following the scandal. While I am sure that the election also played a major role in that upswing, Black Five's traffic has never receded to pre-Rathergate levels. Examine Black Five's traffic, read the posts and draw your own conclusions.

Click here for my explanation of the significance of Rathergate and the explanation of the countdown:
Perhaps most importantly, the blogosphere grew by leaps and bounds as a result of that scandal. While I had begun to follow certain blogs as the election campaign wore on last summer, Rathergate was the hook that reeled me in. My own blog began at the end of September, 2004, as I joined in the wave that carries us to the new media future.

.............................

So, why am I writing about this now? Why not wait until September? I consider the anniversary to be such a momentous event that it merits a long runup - especially since it will be ignored by the MSM/DNC. Rathergate was the watershed event that brought not only the blogosphere, but the entire new media into the public spotlight. ...................................

Rathergate (and the long term significance of Rathergate) deserve numerous posts. Over the next three months I hope to focus on Rathergate and the new media in an effort to foster greater appreciation of how far we have come and where we are going next. I hope also to generate sufficient buzz to insure that this event will not be ignored or lost in a sea of the MSM/DNC's usual white noise.

Other countdown links here.

  • People's Pottage - permalink
  • Economics in One Lesson - permalink
  • Why Johnny Can't Read- permalink
  • Locations of visitors to this page