Sunday, August 14, 2005

The roots of my own blogging.

Today is the probable one year anniversary of the first time I ever looked at a blog. You might think it odd that I remember such a thing. At that time, my own blog did not exist. My own blog would not be created for more than a month. How would I remember looking at someone else's blog?

On August 14, 2004, I followed Lucianne.com's "blogtruth of the day" link to Captain's Quarters. [The Captain had posted interesting facts about the Swift Boat Vets that were unavailable elsewhere.] I then linked Captain's Ed's post at a Yahoo Group that I moderate (the Group has been pretty dormant lately). The link is still in place at the Yahoo Group and Captain's Ed's year old post still makes for good reading.

The Swift Boat Vet story that Captain Ed (and others) chronicled remains fascinating, if for no other reason than the idea that a psycho such as Kerry could get so close to the Presidency.

I had always ignored Lucianne's "blogtruth of the day" link. But from that day forward, I usually paid attention. I would later find other Swift Boat Vet posts and begin reading some blogs regularly. The process by which I would start my own blog had begun. Thank you Lucianne, thank you Captain Ed and thank you Swift Boat Vets for Truth.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • People's Pottage - permalink
  • Economics in One Lesson - permalink
  • Why Johnny Can't Read- permalink
  • Locations of visitors to this page